Ruby on Rails is a very popular type of open source web application framework. It has been designed specifically to work on Ruby programming language. Web developers use it specifically in order to be able to rapidly develop new applications and more. Like other types of web frameworks, Ruby on Rails (RoR) uses MVC (model-view-controller) architecture pattern. This pattern is used to organize application programming. It comes with tools that make a number of common tasks in development a lot easier. If you use the conventions in the right way, you should be able to avoid having to go through lengthy configuration of files. This means that you can spend more time focusing on the logic of business and the things that really matters.
If you offer Ruby on Rails development services, then the following pointers may be of benefit to you:
- The plugin structure in rails is really good you. You can easily install plugins and use them within the application. The founder of Rails, David Heinemeier Hansson, has said that he used between five and six plugins in each of the Rails applications he created. The thing for a developer is that you don’t have to waste any time writing each part of your program. All you need to do is find a plugin that has already been written that does what you want it to do. Or, you can load or dump data using what is known as a Rake command and look at all the data you need with ease.
- To make work more efficient, any program has to run smoothly. Within Rails, ‘automated testing’ allows you to do just that. This means your workflow is improved and you can be confident about the results.
- We all know that there is more to project than an application-specific code. You need to move files and create samples. You need to look into web services and you have to rewrite codes. By using RoR, you will save a lot of time in solving these issues.
- Rails itself runs on top of Rack. Thanks to Rack, you can mix and match between servers and frameworks on Ruby. For a developer on a Rails supported framework, you can choose a range of servers including Passenger, Phusion, Thin and Mongrel, so that it matches your needs.
- You could have a piece of code that you want to play about with, but you don’t actually know what the output of the code is. By using Rails, you can use the console tool, which is a fantastic piece of equipment. When you run it, you can get into your Rails code in a fully interactive manner. This means you can quickly check out your data without having to log into the database.
Today, RoR has huge and very active communities. These bring about new changes, projects and improvements all the time. Any competent developer has to keep themselves fully up to date with the new activities on the platform. This ensures they retain the highest level of knowledge and can be fully successful on Ruby on Rails.